- The story behind the wall started first on June 16, 2015. One of the biggest problems since he mentions the wall, is who is going to pay for it? Is it USA or Mexico? Trump wants the wall because he thinks that most criminals and drugs come from Mexico and if we build a wall, we will stop drug traffic and criminals.
- It’s so important because Trump wants to lower the crime rate and the drug traffic fast. “Before it’s too late” does Trump say. It’s also important because that was one of the things he promised in the presidential election.
- In United States politics, a government shutdown occurs when Congress fails to pass sufficient appropriation bills or continuing resolutions to fund federal government operations and agencies, or when the President refuses to sign into law such bills or resolutions.
- Both Great Britain and the USA citizens have a common fear of immigrants.
- The people who are affected by this crisis is Homeland Security, Justice, Agriculture, Treasury, Interior, Transportation, Commerce, Environmental Protection Agency, Housing and Urban Development.
- “Buck stops with me” mean that you have to take responsibility for something and will not try to pass the responsibility on to someone else.
“A Day’s Wait” (1936) is a brief story by Ernest Hemingway that conveys the seemingly tragic outcome of miscommunication between a boy and his father.
Schatz is a nine-year-old boy who becomes sick a winter night. After a doctor is called, it is determined that Schatz has contracted the flu and has a high fever. It is considered only a mild case, and the doctor leaves medicine for the boy, who overhears the physician tell the father that the boy’s temperature is 102 degrees. It is this information that causes the perceived conflict and misunderstanding between the boy and his father.
The boy is French and have Celcius and not Fahrenheit. So when the doctor says 102 degrees he thinks that he has a fever that is 102 degrees Celcius. The boy is very scared and is only waiting for his death. After a day he talks to the doctor and he explained what Fahrenheit is. This story tries to tell you that it’s better to open your self up than it is to face the pain alone.
In my opinion, both options are very hard in different ways. To have the strength to face pain on your own is hard in the way that you have no one to talk to. For someone its so much harder to open up for other people to help you. This takes a lot of courage and will, and many think this is much harder than face it on their own.
We chose the picture of Leonardo Dicaprio who holds a speech about climate changes at the Fn. Leonardo Dicaprio is a well-known actor and is the spokesperson for the Leonardo Dicaprio Foundation which raises awareness of climate changes. The Leonardo Dicaprio Foundation is a campaign is dedicated to the long-term health and wellbeing of all Earth’s inhabitants. Their mission is to restore balance to the threaten ecosystems, species, and communities and to increase ambition to tackle the crisis of climate change. The campaign contributes to the society by raising awareness of this issues and promoting the best climate solutions. The society obviously needs to take action of the climate changes before the consequences will be too great to handle, such as destroying our planet.
Picture three is about volunteering for example working in an American soup kitchen. If you work in an American soup kitchen for free, you help out the other citizens that don’t have a house or anything to eat. When you are working for free you also help the state by saving them money. Is a lot of other ways to job as a volunteer, but as long as you work for free you help out the society moneywise. So when you work as a volunteer you not also help the state you also help the poor people if you work in an organization that supports it. This is a way to be a good citizen.
What I think was most interesting about the movie, was that this was based on a real story. Some small funny things like that Oscar really did go to sleep after being smuggled across the border and woke up hungry, only to find that his cousins had eaten his burger, actually was true.
In the movie, we see that “Stinky” is the cheap robot at only 720$, the other robots cost like 6000$+. All the robots used high tech items and everything was expensive. However, the robot Stinky used PVC pipes, a used camera, cheap electronics, and even pool noodles to make the robot float. So you don’t need the highest tech and the most expensive robot to win. You only need to think smart.
Robots can be useful in a situation where humans are too big or to slow. Robots are getting more and more normal in our lives. For example, In China the doctors were operating on a guy that was in a coma, they where sure the patient wouldn’t survive, they tried everything and they could not figure it out. In the end, they tried their last option and that was an AI (artificial intelligence). After a few days, the patient was alive all thanks to the AI. This shows how important AI’s is in our lives. This is just the start of AI’s, in 30 years the AI is probably going to be much more efficient and can do things we can’t even think of.
Theme: Marcus is often alone and his mom is suicidal so, in my opinion, the theme in the book “About a Boy” is depression and loneliness.
Setting: The characters in the book live in England, London 1993, so the setting of the book is for the most in London.
Plot: 1998 About a Boy features two main characters: Will, a 36-year-old bachelor, and Marcus, a schoolboy described as ‘introverted’ by his suicidal mother, Fiona, despite his tendencies to bond and interact with people.
Will’s father wrote a famous Christmas song, which has afforded Will the ability to remain rich throughout his life. In his spear time, he drinks, using soft drugs and having sexual relations with women.
Marcus helps Will to be a better adult.
- Marcus – In the start of the novel he is getting bullied and he is often alone. In the end, he gets one friend.
“People quite often thought Marcus was being funny when he wasn’t”
(Chapter 1, pg. 7.)
- Will – In the start, he only cares about himself. He was doing soft drugs and used to have many sexual relations with women. In the end, he was beginning to show more feelings and had more sympathy for others. This is because of Marcus involvement in his life.
- Fiona – Fiona is for the most depressed and only focus on her self’s depression throughout the whole novel. In the end, she begins to care more about Marcus.
At the start of the book, everything was very confusing to me. I didn’t understand when the author was switching characters but when I got used to it I really loved the book. I am not the typical book person however, this was a very great book.
- Why did you write this book about a lonely boy?
- What is a significant theme in About a Boy in your opinion?
- Where did you come up with your idea to have a suicidal mother?
- What would be the overall of the novel, about a boy?
- In what ways can our parent’s shape our identity?
The financial crisis was between 2007-2008. This crisis is often called “The global financial crisis” and “2008 financial crisis“. The crisis is considered by many economists to have been the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression in the 1930s
The crisis began in 2007 with a crisis in the subprime mortgage market in the United States and developed into a full-blown international banking crisis with the collapse of the investment bank Lehman Brothers on September 15, 2008.
Lehman Brothers was a global financial services firm founded in 1850. Before going bankrupt in 2008, Lehman was the fourth-largest investment bank in the United States. Lehman Brothers were doing business in investment banking, trading, research, investment management, private equity, and private banking.